Save Email and Attachments as PDF
with AssistMyTeam Email to PDF Add-in for Outlook
Save email as PDF from Outlook for sharing, record keeping or legal discovery. Embed attachments in original formats to produce a PDF Portfolio. Combine emails and attachments into One PDF and many other possibilities.
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook.
- Works with Outlook 2007, 2013, 2016, 2019 (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Save Emails, Appointments or Tasks as PDF files.
- Save email and its attachments as PDF Portfolio.
- Combine emails and attachments to a flat One PDF or PDF Portfolio file.
- Convert Outlook folder into multiple PDF files or combine into one PDF file.
- Append emails and attachments to an existing PDF file.
- Preserve inline images and hyperlinks in PDF files.
- Embed attachments in their original format in PDF.
- Set security restrictions to PDF documents (i.e., ability to edit or print).
- Secure PDF documents by setting a user password for viewing.
- Apply watermark image or text to PDF (i.e., company logo or name).
- Add table of contents when combining emails to one PDF file.
- Perform batch export of emails to PDFs in a click.
- Dynamic naming scheme of PDFs using metadata from email.
- Output to PDF/A files for long-term archiving of emails and attachments.
- Add page number, header and footer information in PDF such as copyright or disclaimer information.
- Convert attachments of more than 120 file types, even compressed ZIP, MSG or EML, multi-page TIFF to PDF files.
No Save as PDF option in Outlook
Microsoft Office apps like Word, Excel, or PowerPoint can export documents to PDF files. In contrast, no such option exists to save email as PDF from Outlook.
One workaround is to use third-party PDF virtual drivers to print and save email as PDF from Outlook. However, it involves multiple steps and can be an overhead when printing many emails as PDF files. Besides, you don’t have much control over the output. For instance, it can’t combine multiple emails and attachments to produce one long PDF file.
Another workaround is using Adobe Acrobat plug-in, to save email as PDF from Outlook. But you will need to purchase or subscribe to the whole Acrobat software eco-system. In other words, an expensive investment for many users.
Save as PDF add-in
Email to PDF add-in brings the much needed ‘Save As PDF’ production feature to Microsoft Outlook.
Once installed, you can save email as PDF from Outlook, by simply selecting it and hitting the Export button. Furthermore, it can export attachments to their separate PDF files or combine all to one long PDF file. In the latter option, it would automatically add table of contents that lets you jump from one email or attachment to another quickly.
In particular, you can automate the add-in to save email as PDF from Outlook folder or Inbox. Truly, an excellent way of archiving or book keeping emails as part of company’s email retention policy. By and large, saving your Outlook emails and attachments as PDF files make them easier to view, search, print, store and share.