Frequent questions & answers on Subscription license and usage
Below are some FAQs concerning to AssistMyTeam Subscription licenses. Click a question and that will take you to the answer section further down the page.
- Why has AssistMyTeam decided to offer subscription licensing?
- Can I still buy a traditional perpetual software license?
- How do I buy a subscription?
- Are there any differences in functionality between a subscription and a perpetual license?
- How long is the minimum contract term?
- Can I buy an older version of AssistMyTeam Product with a subscription license?
- Will an AssistMyTeam Product subscription license work with Outlook connected to Office 365?
- How often do I have to connect to the internet if I have a subscription license?
- How do I renew my subscription?
- What does the subscription price include?
- What happens if I miss a payment or stop paying for my subscription?
- How do I cancel/end my subscription?
- Do I get a refund if I cancel an annual subscription?
- Can I start a subscription offline?
- Can I trial a subscription version of AssistMyTeam Product?
- Where is the license key for my subscription(s)?
- What happens if my internet connection goes down, can I still use AssistMyTeam Product?
- What happens if the AssistMyTeam licensing system goes down, can I still use AssistMyTeam Product?
- How can I pay my subscriptions?
- Can I convert my current traditional license into a subscription license?
- Can I convert my subscription license into a traditional license?
- I don’t have an internet connection. Can I use a subscription license?
Why has AssistMyTeam decided to offer subscription licensing?
With the release of the Office 365 Cloud, subscription licensing has become popular for many businesses. Most organizations seem to really like it and few don’t. And as we often receive queries from potential customers that they would appreciate the option of subscription licensing, we have decided to make it available as an alternative way of licensing AssistMyTeam Products.
Can I still buy a traditional perpetual software license?
Yes. Subscription licensing is just another way of buying AssistMyTeam Products. All the previous licensing options (i.e., perpetual license) remain available.
How do I buy a subscription?
You can buy an AssistMyTeam product subscription from here.
Are there any differences in functionality between a subscription and a perpetual license?
No. It is exactly the same application functionality wise, just with a different licensing model. However, for subscription based licensing, there is a premium support 24×7 only offered with Silver and Gold subscriptions. Moreover, the premium Gold subscription provides a far more rich features such as the rights to use multiple or all of AssistMyTeam products in as many sites or locations with unlimited user seats, phone support, putting your company name and logo in the add-ins to appear as if the products is build exclusively for your organization.
How long is the minimum contract term?
The minimum contract term is one month. However, please be aware there is an autorenewal process in place. If you only want to subscribe for one month, you should cancel your subscription before the second month’s payment is due!
Can I buy an older version of AssistMyTeam product with a subscription license?
No. To make subscription licensing possible, changes were made within the licensing mechanism of AssistMyTeam Products. These changes are not backwards compatible.
Will a subscription license work with Outlook connected to Office 365 account?
Yes. As there is no functional difference between a subscription and a perpetual version of AssistMyTeam product, it will work perfectly well with the Office 365. However, to ensure your operating system is compatible with AssistMyTeam Product, we advise checking the product’s requirements on the AssistMyTeam website.
How often do I have to connect to the internet if I have a subscription license?
AssistMyTeam products needs to connect to the internet at least once a month to check if it is licensed to continue running.
How do I renew my subscription?
Your subscription automatically renews until you cancel it. The price of the subscription will not change during the purchased contract period. When your contract renews, the price is subject to change, but we will always inform you with sufficient notice.
- The latest version of the software
- During the contract term, you are entitled to use the latest version of the AssistMyTeam Product. For example, if we release a major or minor upgrade during your contract term, you have automatically the right (but not the obligation) to upgrade.
- Full email support
- As you are a paying customer, you are also entitled to full email support during your contract term. Our general support policy applies to both subscription customers and owners of a perpetual license.
What happens if I miss a payment or stop paying for my subscription?
If you miss a payment you will be notified and prompted for payment by email. If you don’t pay before the end of your contract term, your license will be terminated and eventually the software will also stop working.
If you cancelled your subscription, you can reactivate it up until 10 days before the contract term expires. Once that period has elapsed, you will need to buy a new subscription.
Note: This only applies to subscriptions purchased through the web shop; subscriptions purchased through a reseller cannot be reactivated.
Can I start a subscription offline?
No for Bronze subsription. you need an internet connection to activate a subscription license. If you don’t have an internet connection, we recommend a perpetual license, which has an offline activation process.
Yes for Silver and Gold subsriptions. Works even on closed systems and networks.
Can I trial a subscription version of AssistMyTeam Produc?
Yes. AssistMyTeam offers a free 30-day trial of all of its products that can be activated with a time-limited license. Once that trial is finished, you have the option to buy either a perpetual license or a subscription license.
Where is the license key for my subscription(s)?
You don’t need a license key if you have subscribed to the Silver or Gold memberships. For Bronze membership, you will be provided with a license key which you would need to activate and register the AssistMyTeam product.
What happens if my internet connection goes down, can I still use AssistMyTeam products?
Yes. As long as you have a valid subscription license, AssistMyTeam products will continue to work, even if you are offline for a while. Even if your subscription is due for renewal and you can’t get online, we allow you a few days extra time until you can. Note that, if you have been off-line too long, you will receive a notification.
Can I convert my subscription license into a perpertual license?
You can cancel your subscription license and purchase a perpetual license if you wish. You don’t need to re-install the product, as it is exactly the same software. You only need to activate the perpetual product license you purchased.
I don’t have an internet connection. Can I use a subscription license?
No. You need to be able to regularly connect to the internet (at least once a month) to use a subscription license. If you do not have an internet connection at all, you will not be able to use a subscription license. Instead, we recommend a traditional license, which has an offline activation process.