MSG to EML Converter
Convert MSG email files to EML files without Outlook
Convert MSG email files to EML email files, in bulk, in a click, while retaining all the attributes, metadata, attachments and formatting.
Available as a free version with additional paid features.
- Convert one or several emails or entire folders of MSG to EML files in a click.
- Preserves attachments, headers, formatting, inline images and hyperlinks in the replicated EML files.
- Populate and view email summary information (such as Subject, Date Received, Sender Name, etc.) of the EML files in Details view of Windows Explorer.
- Automatically enforce consistent naming convention to replicated EML files.
- Special MSI installer available for enterprise-wide deployment*
- Support Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 and Windows Servers
How It Works?
There are two ways to perform MSG to EML conversion – 1) Multiple MSG files to EML and 2) Chosen MSG to EML.
The first step is to add MSG files to the queue by clicking ‘Add MSG files‘. Notice that emails that contain attachments are differentiated by the presence of the attachment in the icon. The ‘Attachments‘ column also shows the number of attachments each email has.
1. Convert multiple MSG files to EML
In this mode, you can choose any number of MSG files from your disk for bulk conversion to EML in a click. To start with, you can import the MSG files from your hard drives to the queue list by clicking the ‘Add MSG files’ button. If you have a folder of MSG files, you can click ‘Add MSG Folders’ instead. This will add the MSG files of these chosen folders to the queue list of the Converter app as shown below.
You can then proceed to click ‘Save as EML‘ button located on the extreme right corner of the folder view control.
From the ‘Browse for Folder’ dialog box, you can choose the destination folder where the EML files will be saved.
2. Convert a particular MSG to EML (Previewed email)
In this mode, you can selectively choose a MSG file and save it to EML. To achieve this, preview an email of interest by clicking it from the list of all emails shown in the queue list. And then choose to save the previewed email to EML by clicking the ‘Save as EML‘ button located on the upper right side.