If you are using AssistMyTeam Apps to connect to your Azure SQL Server as the data source, the following steps are recommended to be followed to avoid connection timeouts:
- Put your Azure resources on the same region.
- Identify missing indexes. https://alexandrebrisebois.
wordpress.com/2013/06/29/ identify-missing-indexes-in- your-windows-azure-sql- database/
- Your vendor needs to implement a retry logic on the application side. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-
us/aspnet/aspnet/overview/ developing-apps-with-windows- azure/building-real-world- cloud-apps-with-windows-azure/ transient-fault-handling
- Configure automatic tuning. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-
us/azure/sql-database/sql- database-automatic-tuning- enable
- Throttling may be occurring. Query sys.dm_db_resource_stats as shown on the following article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-
us/azure/sql-database/sql- database-single-database- monitor