The advantages of separating the attachments from emails and storing on a windows folder using Attachment Manager for Outlook are varied:
- Saves precious space on your PST or Exchange mailbox.
- As the detached files are hard linked to the email by means of hyperlink, you can retrieve and open it like regular attachments.
- Less space consumed by the mailbox translates to more efficiently running of Outlook, which in turn helps in making Outlook run much faster with better performance.
- Removes the requirement for constantly archiving emails.
- The detaching of files from emails is performed seamlessly within Microsoft Outlook and transparent to the user, that, it would appear as if the attachments are still there in the email message.
- Detaching of files and images still preserves any inline images and hyperlinks in the processed email, so there is no trade off you would have make.
- No hassle. No need to copy over a big PST file when switching to a new PC.
- Accessible anywhere. Read you attachment even when you are on the plane.
- Re-attach file back to the original email, when the need arises.