Often your organization may have multiple support team and departments. And if you want an independent Team Helpdesk setup for each of the team or department, follow the instructions below on how to install and configure multiple instances of Team Helpdesk:
1. With the Team Helpdesk Manager add-in installed, you can configure a new Team Helpdesk for a team. So you will need X number of systems for X number of Team Helpdesk instances for X number of support teams.
2. Install Team Helpdesk Manager on a workstation. And start Outlook. It would then prompt you to pick a parent Outlook folder under which the ‘Team Helpdesk’ root folder would be copied to. Typically, you would specify a public folder or a shared mailbox folder, so that the Team Helpdesk subfolders are accessible to other technicians from within their Outlook.
3. One instance of Team Helpdesk will have exactly one settings database and one ‘Team Helpdesk’ root folder. Continue to install the Team Helpdesk Manager tool on other systems to copy and configure their own instance of Team Helpdesk of different team.
4. Team Helpdesk is not designed to collaborate and work with multiple instances of ‘Team Helpdesk’ root folders from the same system. In fact, when you , for example, from within your Outlook, access the ‘Ongoing Cases’ Team Helpdesk folder of instance A, and later on, access the ‘Ongoing Cases’ Team Helpdesk folder of instance B, there might be conflict and the helpdesk functionality may render useless. So, it is recommended that, you isolate the installation as well as the users of each the instance of Team Helpdesk, so that there is no overlapping of technicians. This means, user XYZ should not be allowed to access or work on Team Helpdesk instance A and B from the same Outlook/system. Also make sure, emails that are communicated to the callers and technicians of one instance of Team Helpdesk are not accessible from another instance of Team Helpdesk.
5. You can make use of the Exchange folder permissions to deny access to non-support staffs or those not belonging to the support team for a particular Team Helpdesk folder.