Team Helpdesk for Outlook consists of the following subfolders in Outlook:
- Ongoing Cases
- Resolved Cases
If for any reason you or another team member inadvertently deleted one or more of the Team Helpdesk subfolder(s), you can restore it from the template PST data store. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to Outlook > Open > Outlook Data File. From the open dialog box, browse to the following folder path and select ‘TeamHelpdeskPST.pst’, and click Open button.
On Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\AssistMyTeam\Team Helpdesk Manager for Outlook
On Vista and Windows 7
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\AssistMyTeam\Team Helpdesk Manager for Outlook
2. In your Outlook, notice that, there is a data store with the title ‘Team Helpdesk’.
3. You can right-click the particular Team Helpdesk subfolder, (for example, Ongoing Cases subfolder) and click the ‘Copy’ menu item. You will be prompted to specify the parent folder under which the folder will be copied. Select the existing ‘Team Helpdesk’ parent folder and click OK.
4. Once the copy is successful, it is important that you close the Team Helpdesk PST from Outlook. To do that, right-click the ‘Team Helpdesk’ data store, and select ‘Close Team Helpdesk’ menu item.
5. If you are copying the Ongoing Cases subfolder, restart Outlook. Note that, this method only restore an empty Team Helpdesk subfolder. This process cannot get back any case items that were there in the deleted subfolder.