How to reset old settings and connect Team Helpdesk Agent or Manager add-in to the new data source?
If your Team Helpdesk Agent/Manager add-in is not pointing to the correct Team Helpdesk folders or data source, You need to reset the connection of the addin so that existing registry entries (that contains the connection settings) are removed. This can be done in two ways:
1. If you have Team Helpdesk Manager addin, go to Team Helpdesk Manager Menu, and click ‘Reset Connection’.
2. If you have Team Helpdesk Agent addin, go to Team Helpdesk Agent menu, and click ‘Reset Connection’.
3. You will be prompted for a confirmation if to reset the connection. press Yes.
4. Now, you would be able to specify the new or valid location of the Team Helpdesk folders > Settings folder.
If the above steps don’t work for you, then you can manually try removing the registry entries to reset the connection with the following steps on that particular system:
- Shutdown Outlook
- Open Registry Editor (Start > Run > regedit.exe)
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AssistMyTeam and right-click SCO.
- And click ‘Delete‘.
- Restart Outlook
- It should now prompt you to specify the existing Team Helpdesk > Settings subfolder. After choosing it, the Team Helpdesk Agent tool on that system would connect to it and would remember the location in subsequent operations.