I have a mailbox and I want Team Helpdesk to monitor and process only emails that are related to existing cases. And leave the new emails intact. Is this functionality possible?
Yes, you can have a mailbox monitored to only process emails that are related to existing cases. Such emails are often replies to existingcases , and you can easily make out, by the presence of the case ID in bracket in the subject eg. [CMA-123]. New incoming emails (not related to existing tickets) will stay intact in the mailbox and only those with the case ID in the subject will get updated to the corresponding case item (located in the Ongoing or Resolved Cases folders).
1. Go to Team Helpdesk Manager > Email Monitoring and Automatic Assignment > Monitored Folders List
2. Choose Exchange Mailbox or email-enabled Public folder option.
3. Associate a default value for each of the drop down field such as Problem Category, Type and Status. In the last column ‘Action Mode’, there are 3 values – New, Update and Both. Choose the 2nd option ‘Update’ from the drop down list.
- If ‘New’ option is selected, Team Helpdesk will automatically raise cases from new incoming emails from this monitored mailbox or folder.
- If ‘Update ‘option is selected, Team Helpdesk will only process new incoming emails that have the case ID in the subject and accordingly, it will update the associated case items (stored in the Ongoing Cases or Resolved Cases folders).
- If ‘Both’ option is selected, Team Helpdesk will update the existing cases as well as generated new cases from new incoming emails (depending on the existence of the case ID in the subject of the incoming emails). This is the default option when you add a new mailbox or public folder for automation.