Team Helpdesk for Outlook is available for a free 30-days trial. This initial trial period allows you to evaluate the software. If you then choose to purchase, you can continue using the program without making any changes to your setup or data. The trial downloads are full-featured product versions.
Please input your name and email address below to continue with the download.
Release Date: 26th March 2021
Listing of all minor/major updates and revisions made on Team Helpdesk System. Click the link of the particular revision to see detail notes.
- Version: 10.6.269 | Release Date: 5th May 2019
- Version: 10.6 | Release Date: 17th Sep 2018 (release note)
- Version: 10.1.4.256 | Release Date: 29th Mar 2018 (release note)
- Version: 10.1.4.250 | Release Date: 15th Jan 2018 (release note)
- Version: 10.1 | Release Date: 16th July 2017 (release note)
- Version: 10.0 | Release Date: 21st March 2017 (release note)
- Version: 9.0 | Release Date: 4th Oct 2016 (release note)
- Version: 8.5 | Released: 4th May 2016 (release note)
- Version: 8.4 | Released: 25th March 2015 (release note)
- Version: 8.3 | Released: 16th April 2014 (release note)
- Version: 8.2 | Released: 10th March 2014 (release note)
- Version 8.1 | Released: 8th January 2014 (release note)
- Version: 8.0 | Released: 20th August 2012 (release note)
- Version: 7.2/7.3 | Release Date: 27th November 2012 (release note)
last updated (10th January 2013)
- Version: 7.1 | Released: 22nd October 2012 (release note)
- Version: 7.0 | Released: 16th May 2012 (release note)
- Version: 6.6 | Released: 22nd October 2011 (release note)
- Version: 6.5 | Released: 15th September 2011 (release note)
- Version: 6.4 | Released: 18th June 2011 (release note)
- Version: 6.3 | Released: 29th April 2011 (release note)
- Version: 6.2 | Released: 7th April 2011 (release note)
- Version: 6.1 | Released: 15th March 2011 (release note)
- Version: 6.0 | Released: 22nd February 2011 (release note)
- Version: 5.0 | Released – 2nd February 2011 (release notes)
- Version: 4.3 | Released – 3rd September 2010 (release notes)
- Version: 4.0 | Released – 3rd August 2010 (release notes)
- Version: 3.6 | Released – 20th May 2010 (release notes)
- Version: 3.5 | Released – 24th March 2010 (release notes)
- Version: 3.4 | Released – 17th February 2010 (release notes)
- Version: 3.3 | Released – 3rd October 2009 (release notes)
- Version: 3.1 | Released – 3rd August 2009 (release notes)
- Version: 3.0 | Released – 30th June 2009 (release notes)
- Version: 2.6 | Released – 4th May 2009 (release notes)
- Version: 2.5 | Released – 5th April 2009 (release notes)
- First commercial release 2.4 | Released: 15th Feb 2009
- Beta release 2.3 | Released: 5th Jan 2009
- Beta release 2.2 | Released: N/A
- Beta release 2.0 | Released: N/A
Detail information on upgrading your old installation of Team Helpdesk system with new version and update.
Download the latest v10 setups from above to your system.
Extract the contents of the zip file to a file folder in your system. The downloaded zip file (TeamHelpdeskSetups_xXX.zip) contains 2 files TeamHelpdeskManagerSetup_xXX.exe, TeamHelpdeskAgentSetup_xXX.exe
Run ‘TeamHelpdeskManagerSetup_xXX.exe’ to upgrade the Team Helpdesk Manager addin.
Run ‘TeamHelpdeskAgentSetup_xXX.exe’ to upgrade the Team Helpdesk Agent addin.
NOTE: This step can be skipped if you are upgrading from v10.0 to v10.1
If you are upgrading from version 9 or 8, the last step is to upgrade the existing cases and KB items in Team Helpdesk folders and this needs to be done from a system that has the Agent add-in installed. And the user performing this, should have ‘Owner’ rights over the Ongoing Cases, Resolved Cases and KB folders, otherwise this step may fail.
To proceed, navigate to the Ongoing Cases or Resolved Cases folder. And press ‘Upgrade Cases’ button. A wizard pops up that will guide you to upgrade the existing cases and KB articles to make them compatible with the new version 10.
Depending on how much existing cases and KB articles you might have, the upgrade process may take few seconds to few minutes. Once upgrade of the existing cases/KB articles are successful, when you open any existing case or KB article item, the case form or the KB form would be visible.
READ THIS BEFORE PROCEEDING: During the upgrade process, the new version will prompt you to enter your existing license for validating your support and maintenance subscription. Upgrade to the new version 10 is free only if your existing support and maintenance contract is valid. If it is expired, your license key will not work on the new version. You will need to renew the support subscription starting from the expired date to current date. This will elevate your license to work on the new version. If you are unsure if your support subscription is valid, please contact us along with your registered email and license key before deciding to upgrade. Click here to renew support subscription.
This is very important step and must be done on all users systems that have the previous Team Helpdesk Manager or Client installed. Because Team Helpdesk version 10 is developed using .NET framework, the files are no longer compatible to earlier versions.
To uninstall, first shutdown Outlook. And go to Control Panel > Programs and Features ( for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and 8, 10), or Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs (for Windows XP) and uninstall ‘Team Helpdesk Manager’ and ‘Team Helpdesk Client’ of previous versions.
Download the latest setups from above to the pilot/admin system. Starting with version 10, there are two different setups for 32-bit Outlook and 64-bit Outlook
TeamHelpdeskSetups_x86.zip (for 32 bit Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013. 2016)
TeamHelpdeskSetups_x64.zip (for 64 bit Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016)
Make sure each system has .NET framework 4.5 or above installed.
You should download the correct setup type according to your Outlook bit-ness. And then extract the contents of the zip file to a file folder in your system. The downloaded zip file contains the setup.exe for Team Helpdesk Manager and Agent tool.
Run ‘TeamHelpdeskManagerSetupXXX.msi’ (where ‘xxx’ can be either x86 or x64) to install the new Team Helpdesk Manager on the admin system.
To perform step 3, you should be the manager/administrator of the installed Team Helpdesk folders and the database. Because, your existing helpdesk database of previous Team Helpdesk version needs to be upgraded to conform with the new schema used in the version 10 database. Fortunately, the process of database upgrade is automated in the new Team Helpdesk Manager. You just need to make sure, you have adequate permissions to create new tables and alter existing ones in your database.
1. For SQL Server database, db_creator or higher rights on the helpdesk database
2. For MS Access database, you should have full write permission on the MDB file
3. You should have full owner permissions on all Team Helpdesk subfolders (Ongoing Cases, Resolved Cases, KB, History, Settings, Schedules subfolders)
kindly take note of the above rights and permissions before proceeding.
The new Team Helpdesk manager add-in will probe your existing database and would automatically offer to perform the necessary upgrades.
(NOTE: This step is needed to be performed only once, on a machine having the Team Helpdesk Manager installed, that too, by the helpdesk administrator, having owner rights on the Ongoing Cases and Resolved Cases folder. Actually, this step upgrades the forms of the earlier versions to dummy ones because version 10 Team Helpdesk cannot make use of the old cases ‘as it is’. So the trick is to force Outlook to update the forms so that previous form layouts and controls are removed with the used of a simple dummy forms of the same message class.)
The dummy forms (with the extension .FDM) are located under Team Helpdesk Resources folder.
|On Vista and Windows 7, 8, 10 |
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\AssistMyTeam\Team Helpdesk Resources
To upgrade to the version 10 dummy forms, make sure you are the owner of the Ongoing Cases folder and follow these steps below:
1. If you are using Outlook 2007, right-click Ongoing Cases folder > Properties > Forms tab > Manage. And in the Forms Manager dialog, click ‘Install...’ button and browse to the ‘Team Helpdesk Resources’ folder
Else if you are using Outlook 2010, 2013 or 2016, then go to Backstage view > Options > Advanced > Custom Forms… button
In the Custom Forms options, Click ‘Manage Forms…’ button
In the Forms Manager, Click ‘Set…’ button on the extreme right
In the Set Library To dialog, choose ‘Folder Forms Library’ option, and navigate through the folders and specify the ‘Ongoing Cases’ sub-folder. And Click OK.
In the Forms Manager dialog, now you will see the ‘AMTSupportCase‘ (in case of Ongoing Cases subfolder) or ‘AMTSupportCase.Closed‘ (in the case of Resolved Cases subfolder) in the box. Now click ‘Install…‘ button
2. Browse to the Team Helpdesk Resources folder (eg. under C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\AssistMyTeam\Team Helpdesk Resources in Windows 7, 8, 10) and Select FDM type from the drop down ‘Filter of Type’, to see all the .fdm files in that folder.
Select ‘AMTSupportCase.fdm‘ in case you are updating the Ongoing Cases subfolder, or ‘AMTSupportCase.Closed.fdm‘, if you are updating the resolved cases subfolder. Similarly, for updating the form in KB folder, select ‘AMTKnowledgeBase‘. And Click ‘Open’ button to continue.
3. Click OK to the confirmation message.
4. Click OK to the ‘Form Properties’ dialog.
5. Click ‘Close’ to the ‘Form Manager’ dialog to finish the update. Now, goto Ongoing Cases subfolder in Outlook, and try opening a case item. It should not have the new form. If you still see the old form, restart Outlook.
Repeat the same steps above for re-installing or updating the form in the ‘Resolved Cases‘ (using AMTSupportCase.Closed.fdm‘) and ‘KB‘ folder (using AMTKnowledgeBase.fdm).
6. Restart Outlook. Congratulations! Now, you can start using Team Helpdesk version 10.
In version 10, the TWA.zip and CWS.zip files are stored on the system (with Team Helpdesk Manager ) under the following folder (Team Helpdesk Resources):
|On Vista and Windows 7, 8, 10 |
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\AssistMyTeam\Team Helpdesk Resources
Upgrading the Customer Web Service website:
You need to perform this upgrade step from a system with Team Helpdesk Manager add-in installed. Extract the contents of CWS.zip to a temporary folder in your desktop and delete the empty ‘Temp’ folder (as your existing ‘Temp’ folder under the Customer Web Service network folder on your server would have been already configured for ASP.NET account access). Copy and overwrite all the contents from the temporary folder to your Customer Web Service shared folder (on the server).
Upgrading the Technician Web Access website:
You need to perform this upgrade step from a system with Team Helpdesk Manager add-in installed. Extract the contents of TWA.zip to a temporary folder and delete the empty ‘Temp’ folder (as your existing ‘Temp’ folder under the Technician Web Access network folder on your server would have been already configured for ASP.NET account access). Copy and overwrite all the contents from the temporary folder to your Technician Web Access shared folder (on the server).
In version 10, there is a change in the name of the technician install. Earlier it was known as ‘Team Helpdesk Client Add-in’ and now it is changed to ‘Team Helpdesk Agent Add-in’. Hence forth, we will use this new name
Team Helpdesk Agent add-in Requirements:
> .NET framework 4.5 or above
> Outlook 2007 SP2 or above
The Agent setup exists in two different types – one each for 32-bit Outlook and 64-bit Outlook:
TeamHelpdeskAgentSetup_x86.exe (for 32-bit Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016)
TeamHelpdeskAgentSetup_x64.exe (for 64-bit Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016)
Uninstall any previous version of Team Helpdesk Client add-in. To uninstall, first shutdown Outlook. And go to Control Panel > Programs and Features ( for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and 8, 10), or Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs (for Windows XP) and uninstall ‘Team Helpdesk Client’ of previous versions.
Run TeamHelpdeskAgentSetup_xXX.exe to start the installation of the new version 10 Agent tool. The installation involves a few clicks and should be over in matter of seconds.
Congratulations! Now, you can start using Team Helpdesk version 10.